DICE announced yesterday on Battlelog that they are partnering up with Dimitri Vangelis, Wyman X, and Steve Angello to create a "Payback" Collaboration Trailer in which Battlefield 4 players can actually submit their BF4 gameplay footage to be included. The trio is providing their latest hit song entitled "Payback" as the soundtrack for the trailer.
I think this is a pretty neat idea for a few different reasons. Not only does it give Battlefield fans a chance to be in a Battlefield trailer, which would obviously be pretty cool. If put together right (which has never been a problem for DICE), it will be a trailer completely comprised of actual gameplay footage, which will give the Battlefield 4 trailer more of a raw feel than we've seen in the past. Plus the track just has a completely different vibe then any Battlefield trailer we've ever seen.
How to Submit Your Video for a Chance to Be Featured in the Official Trailer:
- Video Requirements: Your video must be of at least 720p resolution and 30 frames per second.
- Audio Requirements: Please provide a video that does not have any background music or copyrighted material.
- Type of Content: Submit any Battlefield 4 gameplay footage (stunts, top plays, epic moments). We are leaving it open to allow you to use your creative mind. Respect the rights of others. Provide only content (1) that is not defamatory, obscene, offensive or indecent, (2) that is not confidential or proprietary and (3) that does not violate or infringe any third party rights.
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, September 9th at 9:00AM PT
- Submission Method: Email an unlisted YouTube link of your video to email@example.com with a subject title of “PAYBACK COLLABORATION TRAILER SUBMISSION”
By providing a video, you grant EA all licenses needed to enable EA’s use of the content for any purpose. EA’s Terms of Service apply.